FEX-Emu is an emulator for running x86 and x86-64 applications on AArch64.
Running Mesa inside of this emulated environment is an interesting challenge that cross architure, ABI, and kernel API boundaries.
A short primer on how FEX-Emu works then we will walk through the challenges of running video drivers on architectures that they were not originally designed for. What it means to run inside of an emulated environment from the mesa perspective. Then what we are doing for performance optimizations, debug improvements, and future endeavors.
- IOCTL/DRM interface isn't the same between architectures
- Virtual address space not being 47-bit
- Jumping across architecture boundaries for thunks
- Running 32-bit applications as a 64-bit process
- Compiling AArch64 drivers for an x86/x86-64 environment
|GSoC, EVoC or Outreachy||No|
|Code of Conduct||Yes|
|For which conference do you send the proposal?||X.Org Developers Conference 2022|