XDC 2023 - October 17-19, 2023 | A Coruña, Spain
The X.Org Developer's Conference - XDC 2023 is the event for developers working on all things Open graphics (Linux kernel, Mesa, DRM, Wayland, X11, etc.).
XDC 2023 is happening as a physical conference from the 17th to the 19th of October 2023 in A Coruña, Spain. Info about how to travel to A Coruña can be found here.
The schedule timezone of the conference is UTC+1, unless you set "Use my timezone" setting in your user preferences along with your current timezone.
The conferences will be streamed on X.Org's YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/c/XOrgFoundation).
List of all the upcoming livestreams can be found on YouTube.
To participate in the discussion and Q&As join our Matrix Space: https://matrix.to/#/#xdc-2023:matrix.org.
The X.Org Foundation and the XDC Organizers would like your collaboration in ensuring XDC 2023 is safe and comfortable for everyone. This year we have decided that, at least initially, masking will not be mandatory for the event.
In Spain and A Coruña in particular, masking is no longer legally mandatory. While traveling to or attending XDC, you will likely find yourself in closed spaces with many people who are not wearing masks, so we ask you to think of your own health and safety as well as others around you in the conference, who may be immunocompromised or heavily impacted by diseases like COVID-19.
- Conference organizers will provide antigen tests and FFP2 masks free of charge for all attendees at the conference center.
- In addition, CO2 monitors will be deployed in conference rooms to ensure proper ventilation takes place and that we have the freshest possible air given the building infrastructure.
With those measures in place, we insistently ask you to take things seriously, according to the following points:
- Please test yourself daily during the conference, before getting to the conference venue. This is the easiest way to ensure your chances of spreading COVID and infecting others are very low that day.
- If you feel comfortable wearing a mask, please do so indoors.
- If you test positive or have COVID-19 / Flu-like symptoms, please inform the organizers as soon as possible to help protect others. In some such cases we might start requiring masking from everyone.
- If you have a chronic or seasonal non-infectious condition with similar symptoms (e.g. allergies) we strongly suggest you mask indoors, as this makes it harder to notice the symptoms described above. It will also make other attendees feel more comfortable around you.
Thanks a lot for your understanding and your cooperation.
Follow us on Mastodon!
Follow us @XOrgDevConf for the latest updates and to stay connected. Use the hashtag #XDC2023 to make it easier for all to see and interact with your posts.
To contact the organization team, send an email to:
- Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez siglesias AT igalia.com