XDC 2023 - October 17-19, 2023 | A Coruña, Spain
The X.Org Developer's Conference - XDC 2023 is the event for developers working on all things Open graphics (Linux kernel, Mesa, DRM, Wayland, X11, etc.).
XDC 2023 is happening as a physical conference from the 17th to the 19th of October 2023 in A Coruña, Spain. Info about how to travel to A Coruña can be found here.
The schedule timezone of the conference is UTC+2, unless you set "Use my timezone" setting in your user preferences along with your current timezone.
The conferences will be streamed on X.Org's YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/c/XOrgFoundation).
List of all the upcoming livestreams can be found on YouTube.
- Day 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg4eSAP1uc4
- Day 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnqUMhF7_xQ
- Day 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK2Emqp9t0g
To participate in the discussion and Q&As join our Matrix Space: https://matrix.to/#/#xdc-2023:matrix.org.
Meals and Coffee Breaks
A variety of food and drinks with vegan options will be offered for free at the conference center during lunch breaks, courtesy of Igalia.
Attendees will also be able to enjoy a morning & afternoon coffee breaks and all-day continuous coffee service, courtesy of the X.Org Foundation.
There will be a welcome event on the evening of the day before the conference starts, October 16th, from 7:30PM to 9:30PM local time. It will take place at the Palexco conference center (see Venue below), and will be a good moment to pick up badges, masks, tests and meet other attendees informally. The event will include some food and drinks courtesy of Igalia.
In addition, on Tuesday October 17th attendees will have the chance to participate in a guided tour of the city downtown. The tour will start at 6:15PM and will depart from the conference center. It will last about 1.5 hours and will finish in the María Pita Square area. The visit is free to attend and sponsored by the Tourism Office in A Coruña.
The X.Org Foundation and the XDC Organizers would like your collaboration in ensuring XDC 2023 is safe and comfortable for everyone. This year we have decided that, at least initially, masking will not be mandatory for the event.
In Spain and A Coruña in particular, masking is no longer legally mandatory. While traveling to or attending XDC, you will likely find yourself in closed spaces with many people who are not wearing masks, so we ask you to think of your own health and safety as well as others around you in the conference, who may be immunocompromised or heavily impacted by diseases like COVID-19.
- Conference organizers will provide antigen tests and FFP2 masks free of charge for all attendees at the conference center.
- In addition, CO2 monitors will be deployed in conference rooms to ensure proper ventilation takes place and that we have the freshest possible air given the building infrastructure.
With those measures in place, we insistently ask you to take things seriously, according to the following points:
- Please test yourself daily during the conference, before getting to the conference venue. This is the easiest way to ensure your chances of spreading COVID and infecting others are very low that day.
- If you feel comfortable wearing a mask, please do so indoors.
- If you test positive or have COVID-19 / Flu-like symptoms, please inform the organizers as soon as possible to help protect others. In some such cases we might start requiring masking from everyone.
- If you have a chronic or seasonal non-infectious condition with similar symptoms (e.g. allergies) we strongly suggest you mask indoors, as this makes it harder to notice the symptoms described above. It will also make other attendees feel more comfortable around you.
Thanks a lot for your understanding and your cooperation.
Follow us on Mastodon!
Follow us @XOrgDevConf for the latest updates and to stay connected. Use the hashtag #XDC2023 to make it easier for all to see and interact with your posts.
To contact the organization team, send an email to:
- Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez siglesias AT igalia.com